SMALL BUSINESS INVESTMENT COMPANIES HAVE INVESTED NEARLY $1.78 BILLION IN ILLINOIS OVER THE LAST 5 YEARS.
Small Business Investment Company Impact in Illinois
- SBICs have invested in 309 small businesses in Illinois since 2018.
- SBICs have invested nearly $1.8 billion in Illinois small businesses since 2018, with $446 million invested in FY 2022 alone.
- Illinois businesses that received financing from SBICs in 2020 supported over 8,300 employees, and that number is growing.
A sampling of the Illinois-based companies that have received SBIC financing:
HI-GRADE strides to be the premier provider of complicated weldments, custom sheet metal fabrications, machined components and specialized assemblies. HI-GRADE has been manufacturing highly custom, difficult and complex parts for over 50 years. This would not be possible without HI-GRADE cultivating a supportive, collaborative and quality-centric culture for its employees.
- SBIC: Aldine Capital Partners
Color Communications (Chicago)
CCI provides dynamic color solutions and merchandising for any type of paint or coating, in any finish or specialty effect. CCI is the first to refine and integrate Watercolors® paint, an environmentally responsible production process, into regular production work. Together with their running list of innovative techniques, WaterColors® is a key material used for producing the quality of color & accuracy that they are known for.
- SBIC: CapX Partners
Sunrise Transportation (Chicago)
Sunrise Transportation has partnered with school districts for over 30 years to provide best-in-class transportation to students in the Midwest, with an emphasis on students with special needs. From those roots, they are growing to bring superior service and quality to many communities.
- SBIC: Southfield Mezzanine