SMALL BUSINESS INVESTMENT COMPANIES HAVE INVESTED MORE THAN $176 MILLION IN NEVADA OVER THE LAST 5 YEARS.
Small Business Investment Company Impact in Nevada
- SBICs have invested in 24 small businesses in Nevada since 2018.
- SBICs have invested $176.9 million in Nevada small businesses since 2018, with $18.2 million invested in FY 2022 alone.
- Nevada businesses that received financing from SBICs in 2022 supported 299 employees
A sampling of the Nevada-based companies that have received SBIC financing:
Vision Sign, Inc. (Las Vegas)
Vision Sign Inc. was founded in 1996. The company’s 40,000 square foot facility in the heart of the Las Vegas Valley houses complete manufacturing, installation, and service departments. Vision Sign employs approximately 70 employees serving Southern Nevada.
- SBIC Investment: $11,090,000
Haws Corporation (Sparks)
Haws is an award-winning manufacturer of drinking fountains, electric water coolers, as well as emergency eyewashes, showers, and tempered water solutions. The company’s products serve primarily educational centers, recreational parks, industrial complexes, commercial properties, and petrochemical production facilities. In operation for over 100 years, Haws is globally represented, with 8,000 distribution locations and 250 employees worldwide. The company is now in its fourth generation of family ownership.
- SBIC Investment: $22,500,000
via seating (Sparks)
via seating designs, manufactures, and sells seating products across the United States. The company is dedicated to integrating aesthetics, ergonomics, and comfort into its chairs and is committed to employing U.S. military veterans as part of its workforce. VIA offers a variety of products, which it markets through a network of sales representatives.
- SBIC Investment: $8,513,000