SMALL BUSINESS INVESTMENT COMPANIES HAVE INVESTED MORE THAN $62 MILLION IN VERMONT OVER THE LAST 5 YEARS.
Small Business Investment Company Impact in Vermont
- SBICs have invested in 7 small businesses in Vermont since 2018.
- SBICs have invested $62.6 million in Vermont small businesses since 2018, with $19.8 million invested in FY 2022 alone.
- Vermont businesses received financing from SBICs in 2022 that supported 325 employees.
A sampling of the Vermont-based companies that have received SBIC financing:
Westminster Cracker Company (Rutland)
Westminster, founded in 1828 and based in Rutland, Vermont, is a leading manufacturer of premium quality, all-natural, oyster and snack cracker products. Westminster’s products are served across the country in leading restaurants and other foodservice establishments and sold through retail channels under the Westminster and Olde Cape Cod brand. Westminster is best known for its oyster crackers, made from the original 1828 recipe.
- SBIC Investment: $15,400,000
CPA Site Solutions (Winooski)
CPA Site Solutions helps accountants and tax professionals create and manage their online presence through innovative websites and online marketing. Founded in 1999, CPA Site Solutions is one of the largest website design and online marketing provider for accounting and tax professionals, serving over 7,000 firms worldwide. In 2016, CPA Magazine named CPA Site Solutions one of the Top Website Builders of 2016.
- SBIC Investment: $12,630,000